Wednesday, October 20

Pandora Love

http://www.pandora.com/

Pandora is such a wonderful thing.  Basically any artist that is fairly known is included on their site.  Whatever mood you are in, you can always make a new radio mix of the perfect genre.  And best of all: IT'S FREE!  But for how long?  Tons of other sites aren't able to continue because they generate no income.  Pandora, like other sites such as Hulu, use advertisements to keep running.  Advertisers pay them to include their ads and all users have to suffer is to watch/listen to a few 30 second ad.  Not a bad price for hours of free radio - and not just radio, but artists that I choose.  It's a beautiful thing.  I even have the app for my phone because I just can't get enough.  I have exercise stations, study stations, chillin-at-work stations, party stations; there's a station for everything.  The day that Pandora either requires payment or goes out all together (or gets bought out by iTunes), will be a sad, sad day for all.  Life without free internet radio is not much of a life at all.  I can't get the full satisfaction from all that artists have to offer if I am forced to pay $1.29 a song.  So I really hope that day is far in the future.  College would be near impossible to pass without it.  Dear Pandora, if you can hear me, just know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment