Thursday, October 7

Feelin Country

When someone asks you what kind of music you listen to, what do you say?  Most of the time, it seems that people respond with an "oh I listen to a little bit of everything."  But if you ask a country fan, they declare their love loud and proud, even if they listen to other genres.  I'm one of those country fans.  Love me some guitar-pickin' twang!  I'm from a bit of a smaller town and didn't think it was too hick until I came to Dallas.  I thought that I'd be overwhelmed with accents, cowboy hats, and wranglers.  This is not the case.  My town is so much more "country" than a city in Texas.  I was prepared to find the boy with the biggest belt buckle and most cattle, but I know more FFA kids at home.  But that's Dallas for ya.  I won't be attending too many bonfires out by the creek or ever have a chance to go giggin' (unless it's for some purple horned frogs!).  There are advantages to living in a small town, but now that I've experienced a big city with a skyline and 4 lane highways, I don't think I'll ever leave.  The opportunities are endless here.  If I stayed at home, I'd still be working at a minimum wage job and probably lose all my ambition to be anyone.  I'd never end up leaving!  The only thing I really miss is that good, country, hometown feel (and of course my mom and dad!).  Now Dallas just needs to get a few more country radio stations...

No comments:

Post a Comment