Friday, October 15

Classic

One of my classes this semester is an honors literature course.  It has been the most challenging course this year for me, but I have gained so much in just a few short months.  We have read some of the best classic books including Dracula, Frankenstein, and Wuthering Heights.  In my opinion, everyone should read the classics.  It isn't just a way to better your vocabulary and reading ability, it helps you understand humanity and the history of our civilization.  I've never been a fan of history, but as recent as the past year I have found that it is one of the most important subjects.  Without it, we are at a loss on how to understand the workings of people's minds and governments.  Reading these books gives you a perspective on what life used to be like a couple hundred years ago.  They give you insight on governments, class structures, gender differences, new technology, etc.  Topics such as these should be interesting to us because we are going through the same issues, just at a much advanced level.  History repeats itself and we need to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment