Thursday, October 7

5 Dollar Footlong



Oh, Subway.  They're doing it again: ANY regular sub at 5 dollars.  Those poor, poor Subway employees.  The sales go crazy when all the subs are 5 dollars, not just the regular eight.  I would know because I worked at Subway for about 2 years.  Oh yes, I can make a mean sandwich, loaded up with "the works" and close it without anything falling out in under a minute.  Did you know that there is a Subway sandwich making contest?  It's called Sub Jammer and you have to make a sandwich with the correct amount of ingredients, close it, and wrap it as fast as you can.  It gets pretty intense!  Anyway, Subway was my second home this last summer and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I heard this jingle.  Customers think it is hilarious to sing that they want a 5 dollar footlong.  Like I haven't heard that before.  It isn't the fact that it's a terrible little jingle, it's just that as soon as you hear it, it will be stuck in your head for hours!  Subway has done a great job of playing this repeatedly so everyone who lives in this country has heard it and can sing it.  Congratulations Subway, you have made one annoying, catchy song.

No comments:

Post a Comment