Thursday, October 7

I'm a mouse, duh!

Halloween: the time for tricks and treats, thrills and chills.  It'll be here before we know it.  As a child, it was one of my favorite holidays.  What can be better than dressing up, staying up late, and eating candy?  Now that I'm older though, Halloween has drastically changed.  No more free candy and no more innocent, nerdy costumes.  I used to love the nerdy costumes too.  I'm such a nerd that one year I was even Princess Leia from Star Wars!  Since I'm in college, it seems like the only thing a girl is allowed to be is something slutty or else she will be thought of as a prude or just a loser.  Just like Mean Girls says: "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."  They can wear lingerie and a headband with ears and BOOM! ya got a costume.  Mean Girls' dumbest plastic, Karen, shows up wearing just that and thinks it's obvious: "I'm a mouse, duh."  Why has it come to this?  It's so very difficult to find a decent costume that doesn't expose your world.  Girl costumes have to either be skin tight or show LOTS of skin.  Plus, by the end of October, it gets to be pretty nippy out.  We used to come up with costumes that a winter sweatsuit could be worn under if needed.  Can't wear one of those in a tini bikini.  I would like to see some changes in society where girls aren't influenced to dress like prostitutes.  It kills me to see elementary girls wearing more revealing clothing than I would ever think to put on.  So thanks Halloween, for promoting sluttiness and sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment