Tuesday, November 9

Vamanos!

Why does learning a new language come so easy for some, yet others may never master it?  I for one have taken Spanish for 6 and a half years and can't speak a lick.  I do improve when I am focused and try to speak it outside of class as well, but as soon as I stop, I tend to forget.  Research has shown that people who are bilingual, trilingual, etc. have a more active portion of their brain.  Are they born with a more advanced part of their brain or have they shaped it?  I'd love to research more on this topic - one day when I have extra time.  Currently though, I firmly believe that the best and fastest way to completely learn a language is to immerse yourself in it.  I would need to live in a Spanish-speaking environment for an extended amount of time.  If a person is forced to communicate with a different language, they are bound to learn and retain it.  Maybe one day this opportunity will present itself to me.  Til then however, I will just keep trying my best in my beginning Espanol courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment