Monday, November 1

I'm Nicole Hodges and I approve this message

http://adage.com/smallagency/post?article_id=146834

This article plainly says what we all are thinking: political ads are out of control!  Each politician uses ads that bash on their competition, harshly saying what he or she promised yet didn't follow through with or what terrible thing he or she voted for.  It's overwhelming.  Personally, being new to this whole voting thing, I want to hear what each candidate stands for and how they promise to help their community.  I don't care if someone voted 20 years ago for something contradictory to what they say now.  Tell me your beliefs and let me decide for myself who comes out on top.  The overwhelming amount of commercials that badmouth politicians really only turns me away from voting at all.  I agree with this article and think that if in the future we could see some positive ads that described why someone should gain my vote and not why I should vote against them, then people would be a lot more willing to a) watch the ads and b) VOTE!  And it's not just commercials that are taking over.  Billboards, radio spots, those darn little signs on every corner and in every yard, etc. Please politicians: I know you want to get your name out, but let's try a new route.  Maybe then political advertising won't get such a bad rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment