Sunday, November 28

Family Time

Tis the season.  It's that time again for gorging yourself on food, listening to Christmas music, and most of all spending time with family.  I never realized until this year just how much I treasure being able to see my family come together.  Before, I always took for granted the times my little family would gather and talk about old times.  I thought that it was boring and embarrassing.  Now, I wish it was a little longer.  I feel out of touch with them.  I don't know what is going on in their lives anymore.  These people are my family yet I feel as though I hardly know them.  Why people complain about getting together with loved ones is a bit of a mystery to me right now.  I miss those I only see a few times a year.  I guess all that it took was a little time of separation from all that I know to realize just how much I love and miss it all.  My family isn't all that I've missed.  Also included in this is my friends, my dogs, my house, my town, my old job, my neighborhood - the list goes on and on.  I am thankful for this time of year and for the love that brings family and friends together.

No comments:

Post a Comment