Wednesday, September 1

Who Cut the Lights?

Today, while I am diligently working on homework, my roommate exclames, "It's raining!"  Sure enough, it is wet outside.  But as we are admiring this change in the weather, we notice that the wire to our decoration light is cut right in two!  The once continuous string of party lights that cheerfully wrapped around our porch is now ruined!  My first reaction was utter bewilderment.  Who would do such a thing?  Then, reason started to set in as I realized that of course no one could have cut the wire because we live on the third floor.  As we pondered who (or what) could have possibly done such a destructive act, our creative minds went wild.  Was it some type of acrobatic ninja who climbed up the tree and used his sharp samuri sword to slice through my delightful lights?  Or could it be a crazed, Christmas-light-hater?  Or was it Spiderman?  I've seen the movies; I know that he can crawl up walls without any effort put forth at all.  Maybe that darling Toby McGuire is in love with me and wants to kiss me upside down while hanging from my party lights... After some intense discussion though, we decided that it most likely was not a person of any form.  But if it wasn't a human then what?!  Was it a group of scissor-mouthed ants?  Or maybe a new form of termites that feeded off of plastic-coated wire?  But then the idea came to me: a squirrel.  That must be it!  They have the sharp teeth, love to gnaw, and can climb nearly anything.  In the end, we decided upon the cute, fuzzy little creature.  Inside, I feel a bit more at ease knowing that the mystery is solved.  Now I just wish my party lights would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment