Tuesday, September 21

Check Out Your Receipt

One thing that I have learned from my advertising classes is to notice all the unique ways that companies promote their name.  I tend to notice commercials on TV, magazine ads, and all kinds of others.  I admit, sometimes I sit around thinking about what I would include in advertisements to make them more attractive and, in my opinion, better.  Now, I'm no professional so I don't have much of a say, but I like to think that I could better some of those quite atrocious ads out there. 
The other day I noticed another unique way of advertising: printing on the back of receipts.  We've all seen it before, but until now I haven't stopped to think about it.  Grocery stores such as Tom Thumb and Price Cutter put small blocks of ads on the back of their receipts.  Most companies put coupons (such as the discount car wash that I just used) to try and entice customers to come to their store, restaurant, etc.  This is just another unique way of companies getting their name out there!  I know that it worked for me!  Just like this receipt says: "Receipt advertising works!"

No comments:

Post a Comment