Sunday, September 19

A Little Thing That Drives Me Crazy...

Everyone has them.  Those little instances that just get under your skin and make you mad.  Mad for no apparent reason.  Little instances that can ruin your entire day.  Pet peeves as some call them.  Just the other day as I was driving along it hit me.  Or more happened to me.  The darn radio did not have one station that was playing music!  Every single saved station on my radio was on some type of commercial and I went just about mad.  So there I am, furiously changing the stations, looking for something that resembled a song, when I realized: here is my pet peeve.  It may be something minor, but when I am driving to class, I'd like to be jamming out to some good ol tunes.  It's the jump-start to my day.  But unfortunately that day wasn't so lucky.  My head wasn't filled with any guitar-pickin', twangin' country or any bumpin, crazy techno or anything for that matter except the continuous chattering of ads.  As an advertising student, this struck me as a problem.  I am just like any other person out there listening to the radio, and if I can't stand to listen to any commercials, neither can others.  How are companies supposed to get drivers to listen about products and services if commercials make us angry?  As soon as a song ends, we go switching to another station.  Or we get so tired of commercials that we buy XM Radio so our tunes are never interrupted.  What are companies supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment