Sunday, September 12

Express Yourself!

Express yourself!  Everyone has heard the saying and has most likely tried to fulfill it as some point in their lives.  There are an infinite number of ways that one can be expressive including the typical hair, clothing, and piercings route.  As I was getting my rare exercise in the other day, I thought of yet another way: your house.  I happened to be biking through the renowned, beautiful Highland Park, marveling at the most exquisite homes.  Because of the classiness of HP, all of the homes should be breath-taking, but I found myself scrunching up my nose at a few, not many, but a few.  I realize that a house is supposed to be a representation of the people living inside...and that gave me a desire to avoid some at all costs.  Some people may view a house as a beautiful work of art while I think it is an embarrassment to the neighborhood.  It is all up to personal preference.  Everyone is unique.  For instance, when I look at this house:

I may think that the people living here have gone a little too "artsy," but they may glance up from their artistic Picasso painting of a sphinx and notice me, sweaty from my bike ride in the 100+ degree Dallas heat, and think that I am utterly insane.  Of course, they may be the next most interesting people in the world and win many awards for their creativity.  It truly is astounding just how different people can be!  Personally, my favorite houses were the ones with perfect landscaping and beautiful stone work instead of brick or siding.  Here are a couple:

Just like our fingerprints, everyone is unique in their own special way.

* I apologize if these are your homes and do not want them displayed.  I can remove them immediately.  But you should feel honored they made it to my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment