Tuesday, September 14

Something that my Mind Map says about me...

Hmm, interesting topic.  For those of you who don't know, a Mind Map is an ingenious way to track your thoughts as one thought or idea sparks a new one.  Our project in particular consisted of starting off with one word and branching off of that word with various, divergent words.  Basically, it was a paper completely covered with the random thoughts of our brain.  Random in the way that I may have the word "sports" and four branches later have George Michael singing "Gotta have faith, faith, faith."  One thing that I did notice about my map was how I always seemed to keep coming back to sports, no matter where I started.  I understand why since sports have always been a large part of my life, more so earlier than now though.   Another thing I noticed while I was thinking about what words I would use was that many of my thoughts were inside jokes or "had-to-be-there" moments.  I couldn't exactly use many of those because anyone looking at my map might think that I'm just plain mad for coming up with that.  I thought mostly of past experiences or memories, so many that it was almost overwhelming!  It was difficult for me to be so general with my topics - I love specifics.  All in all, my Mind Map showed me that my mind is full of surprises and interesting connections.  And man, am I all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment