Wednesday, December 1

Definition: Hot Mess



Supposedly, this hot mess aka Kesha will be coming to big D this coming April.  Yes, I admit I am quite excited to see someone with such fame make their way to my small campus.  And I'll admit that her songs are very catchy and I may or may not play them all the time.  But Kesha just baffles me.  How can this trashy, nose-ring wearing, glitter-infatuated, drug abusing drunk ass can get so famous while singing about partying?  And she's so famous that her music is played all over the radios, giving young children the chance to hear these terrible messages.  It's hard to keep children's minds clean when these songs become so overplayed that parents don't even think twice before letting their kids listen.  Kids really pic up on lyrics too.  They seem to be able to hear a song once and can sing every word.  That is what worries me the most about songs like this.  I realize that there is and has been some very riskaay artists, but as of now, Kesha fits that definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment